Tuesday, July 27, 2010



Greetings from Panama!

Today was the second day on the work site. As we started off construction, we were all quick to realize we were definitely a little run down from yesterday's hard work. However, as the examples of Christ we are, we followed WWJD to get us through the day. That is, What Would Jeff (Webb) Do. Haha. But on a more serious note, watching my fellow mission members was a true blessing. I have never seen more hard working and determined people. It is truly amazing just to sit and watch them work. The guys did a tremendous job digging stairs. Seth, Daniel, Bryan and Heath really went to town with the pick axes. As for the girls, I'm pretty sure we sifted at least 30 pounds of sand. All the Southwest team members along with Abel (Ah-bell), Peto, Solomon, and some children who will attend the church we are building got so much accomplished. I am truly in awe. Not once did anyone complain. Instead, everyone was constantly lifting each other up, whether it be by taking over someone's job when they got tired or telling a funny story (Trust me, Jeff had plenty of them).

After the construction, we once again showered, went to dinner, then went to the church in El Cope. Chris Taylor, the missionary we are supporting, led the sermon. His lesson was about Jesus washing the feet of his peers and how similar our mission trip to Panama is to that. We were so uplifted and encouraged to hear him speak of us in those terms. I feel like I can speak for all of saying his message really put us in high spirits.

This whole mission trip so far has been such an incredible blessing. I feel like I keep repeating myself saying that, but it really has. I feel like I am being equally if not more blessed by this trip in comparison to those we are helping. Every one has been such a joy to work with and I cannot even put in words the feeling it brings to see the faces of the people we are helping whether it be from the little children we brought sandals to Sunday or those who have seen the construction of the church. God has really worked wonders.

Everyone back home is missed and loved! We enjoy reading everyone's comments at night during the devotional! We ask, however, that you keep our Panamanian friend Peto's wife in your prayers. She is having serious surgery tomorrow in Panama City. We ask that the Upton's friend Cagrada in your prayers as well. Mark and Miriam told us tonight that she is a single mother with four children and two grandchildren living in impoverished conditions and was recently diagnosed with Lupus. Also, our friend Abel is not a Christian and we are really hoping our work will help him come closer to Christ!

Gracias,
Jameson Murrey

P.S. Mom, this is Chelsea, the story is totally cool and i will explain it all when i get back BUT i need you to text Logan Aunt Marie's phone number. Miriam and Mark used to live in Belzoni and Miriam's sister went to HA and Aunt Marie was her best friend and she has been looking for her for years!! Totally cool right!! Please and thank you! oh and i can check facebook, so thats how i will get the number from Logan because i know you were wondering! I love and miss you :)

11 comments:

  1. You know me so well because I was wondering. I will send him Marie's number. What a small world we live in... That is amazing.

    I am so proud of all of you!! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting up each morning and reading ya'lls post! It is very uplifting and refreshing to hear about all the work and "good" the team is doing! It gives me a "warm fuzzy feeling"! Continue to be strong and keep first things first. We love you all.
    Ms. Leah
    Ksitlyn, we miss you! Drink water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katelyn, you are such a blessing to have as a granddaughter. God and I love you. We both are smiling at what you are doing right now. I bet God chuckles at you multiple times each day. No matter how difficult the work, remember that you cannot outdo or out give the Lord. God and I both believe in your dreams and goals because we believe in you. Go get em, honey. Mom Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing the prayer requests that you all have. You guys are living out the Great Commission! This is from Jimmy's sermon this past Sunday: Our Mission: The Mission of the family is not ultimately to protect your children but to prepare and mobilize them to demonstrate God's love to a broken world." You are where you are supposed to be.

    Love you Daniel!!!!
    Jarchow5

    ReplyDelete
  5. The highlight of our evenings this week has been getting on the blog and seeing what you've accomplished each day. (Well, I guess I should say what God has accomplished through you! :) On Sunday, Jimmy talked about how being a disciple is really the greatest adventure we could ever live--and y'all are living proof of that. Embrace the adventure! It's pretty amazing what God will do with people who trust him enough to be His hands & feet. Watch out, though--This kind of adventure can be addictive ;)

    We love y'all and are so proud to have you as our brothers and sisters in Christ. Can't wait to hear lots more stories and see lots more pictures when you get home. Vaya con Dios!

    The Givens Family--Michael, Ashleigh, John Mark and Asher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love reading about your amazing time so far in Panama! Though, I am a little jealous I'm not there! I know God put each and every one of you on this mission for a purpose, and you are all living it out each and every day while you are down there! We continue praying for you and your week! May God continue to shine through each one of you!
    Can't wait to see pictures and hear more stories!
    Abbey -- we miss you, but know you are doing amazing things there! Love you!

    Love, Jared, Ali and Walker

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're such an inspiration to all of us back here in Jonesboro. Not just because of what you're doing but because of who you are and the spirit in which you're blessing so many.
    Thanks for keeping us updated. I've enjoyed all the posts. Keep up the great work. See you soon!
    Travis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Daddy I love you and miss you There was a chipmunk in our house it mite have been a fling squrl I did not spell it rite because Mommy did not tell me how to spell it ha ha ha ps I am wearing year shirt tonight wendsday love Emma

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot tell you how much I look forward to reading this blog every morning! You all are such a blessing to me and all of us here!! Keep up the good work and keep the details coming!! Continually lifting you all up!!

    Chris - We had some kind of a critter in the house - not sure if it was a flying squirrel or chipmunk. Whatever it was, it flew off the end of my broom while Emma held the door wide open.
    Why do these things happen when you are gone? At least it wasn't a bird or a giant lizard. And we didn't break a table or anything!

    Love to you all,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, what can I say besides I miss you all like crazy! Things in Jonesboro have been a lot more quiet since you've left. Probably because no one is here to make fun of me anymore (Seth)...

    But I'm glad you guys are gone because I know you are doing amazing things for God's kingdom. I'm praying for you all daily! I hope God is opening doors for you to be Jesus to the people of Panama. Let your hearts and minds be open to the things God wants to use you for and the things He wants to teach you this week! I can't wait to hear all of your stories and see pictures! Take lots of pictures for me! I hope you each are so blessed by the experiences you have this week! Cherish your time spent with the individuals there because it will go by so fast!

    Praying that you wake up each morning feeling refreshed, renewed, and ready to go! Praying that God gives you energy even in the most exhausting moments! I am so proud of you guys! Keep doing what your doing! Let His light shine through you in everything you do this week!

    Love you all so much!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pictures were great! I love the mountain pictures and the waterfall!! Wish I was there with all of you. What a great experience to have and what a blessing it is to help others, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. I am so proud of each and everyone of you for taking time to do just that.You will be blessed while blessing others in the process. Keep up the good work!
    Ms. Leah

    Kaitlyn, picked up Garrett from camp and he LOVED 4th session!! Said it was the best eleven days of his entire life!! Oh, how we LOVE Camp Wyldewood!!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete