Friday, July 30, 2010

Whats up? From Panamania!

Today was our last day to work on the church. It is amazing to see what all we have accomplished in the short time we have been here! The church is coming along nicely, it will be no time until God's word will be preached there. I think I speak for us all when I say we are relieved that its over but at the same time we wish we could have done more.

Tonight was also our last day in Panenome. We had to say goodbye to our new found friends here in Panama. It was really sad but at least we went out on a high note. There were about 120 people at church tonight, which is triple what it has been! I can tell that God is already doing such amazing work here. Some of the best moments of the trip has been the worship at night. It is so cool hearing the Panamanians sing songs in Spanish that we know in English.

God is so much bigger than just Jonesboro, Arkansas. He's so much bigger than America. He's the God of this world and we need to remember that. God is doing just as much here in Panama as he is back home in the states. And that's a reason to be glad!

Being here has opened my eyes to just how much we take for granted. We have been so blessed just because of where we were born. We hold onto our material things and think we've some how earned them. We have earned nothing! We deserve nothing! We have only what God has given us. Worst of all we take Jesus's sacrifice for granted. I've lived so much of my life knowing what all God has done for me, but completely disregarding that fact. Chasing the instant gratifications of this life. Disgracing the name of Jesus, in the process. We are called to be so much more.

The trip has flown bye and now its almost over. I am so blessed to have come though. I have never been apart of a group so close. Our genuine love for each other binds us together. CHRIST's love binds us together.

7 comments:

  1. So glad you all had a great experience working with others not like yourself. It makes a mother proud to know that her child was a part of such a mission. Now my challenge for you is to not stop there continue to be the hands and feet of Jesus wherever you go! You can make a difference in the lives of others.
    Ms. Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to Leah's comment, in just a few short weeks you will be going in all different directions and be meeting many people and have the opportunity to shine the light of Jesus. Keep what you have experienced in Panama close to your heart. I love all of you and always remember who's child you are, Gods!! Have a good time today and have a safe trip home, can't wait to see you all in Memphis.
    Love, Kelly Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to believe your time in Panama is almost over. I know that you all have gained so much from your visit and have given so much of yourselves to the Panamanians. This is such a wonderful life experience for you. Daniel, I hope you remembered to get my sand!

    Love - Debbie/Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us on a daily basis. It was such a comfort to us to hear from you each day and know that all was well. We are so proud of what you accomplished there and how you represented your church and your family. May God bless your trip home.

    Love you, Chelsea!

    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great picture!! Thank you all so much for sharing your experience with all of us back home. I'm so proud of each one of you!!

    I'm praying for you all as you travel tomorrow. I know you will have some bittersweet emotions as you leave the place you have come to love so much.

    Chris, can hardly wait to see you tomorrow night! Love you! Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is mainly for Angie, you can get a little information on Joe's facebook page or on twitter. He has only posted 3 pics, one of the group at the CO sign, a walmart and a Rockies game. Not a lot of updates but may be of some comfort to you. Bless you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you guys have been doing awesome things this week. I know God has shone through each of you, in many different ways. I am so proud of all the work you've done. I only wish I could have been there too. I have loved hearing the progress. We love you and hope you have a safe trip back!

    ReplyDelete