Sunday, July 25, 2010

So today we woke up and enjoyed a good hearty breakfast at the suave hotel. Then we embarked on our journey to the church. It was very difficult to communicate with the people but with the help of our translators we had class, worship, and communion with them and we all realized that as different as we are and as hard as it is to communicate with them that we are worshiping the same God and we are all brothers and sisters in Christ. After church we went to the mall to eat and we all were really startled at how nice of a mall they could have while there are literally people living in shacks just down the road. After the mall we visited the Panama Canal which was very interesting and historical. O and they sung happy birthday to me(Seth) over the intercom while I danced which was really awesome. After the canal we traveled two hours to our hotel which doubles as a zoo. After fighting off a bird on the top floor and dominating a large lizard and destroying a table and its glass top in the process within the first minute and a half in the hotel we settled into our rooms. Its really a nice hotel though. After a good swim in the pool and an amazingly heartfelt tear jerking devotional lead by the awesome Heath Walton we shared a few good laughs courtesy of Sir Jefferson B. Webb III and Chris Buxton.

Sincerely yours,
Seth Pinkston

"Smokes if you got 'em"
-Jeff Webb

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you guys are having a good time! You all are such an amazing group! We love you Daniel, you make us so proud!!!

    Debbie, Chris, Rachel & Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Panama Mission Team,
    Hope everything is going well. I read Seth and Chelsea's blog, sounds like you all are off to a great start!Seth I am so glad you were able to fight off the bird and the lizard!LOL Hope you all have a great day, work hard, pray fervently,and love unconditionally.
    Ms. Leah
    (love you Kaitlyn) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there everyone! Happy Birthday Seth. Great blogs, I love hearing about your adventures. I am praying that you will bless the hearts and lives of everyone that you come in contact with. I know that you will. I love and miss you Katelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear daddy,
    i missyou so much. i really like your letters and the way you have hidden them around the house. i also have liked the clues. today's took a few minutes to figure out because we have so many things that involve music. mom figured it was in eli's drum and we read it together. i hope this week goes by quick because i hope to see you soon.
    love,
    jennifer(princess)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household. - Ephesians 2:19

    We are so proud of all of you and we are praying for you. Love, The Pinkstons

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Daddy,

    I hope you are having a good trip. I really miss you. I love you. I'm having fun. I hope you are too. Love, Emma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everyone! Sounds like you all are having an interesting trip so far. I'm just wondering exactly what Chris is doing in the picture you posted??? haha. So glad you are having fun while you serve the Lord! I'm praying for all of you.

    Chris, I love you and miss you... Emma and I are doing fine. Emma has her five little kittens to look after and we are enjoying visiting my family.

    My prayers will continue to be with all of you!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey Mal. Your sister is doing fine. We can't wait to hear about everything. And, we are so proud of you and Bryan...(I double checked the spelling with your Mother...LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful adventure you are having being the hands and feet of Jesus. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

    Chelsea, we love you so much! Miss you, Mom & Dad.

    ReplyDelete